Environmental pollution has become rampant nowadays. Homes that are built adjacent to industries producing smoke and pollutants to the surrounding are at high risk. Dehumidifiers and air purifiers can filter the harmful pollutants and moisture thereby providing clean and safe air to breathe. However, getting two separate devices can be both costly and make a clutter the house. An air purifier and dehumidifier combo can solve that by doing both works with one device.
However, getting the best dehumidifier and air purifier isn’t that easy as there are many things to consider. Our expert team has researched the current market and came up with a list of devices that do the job really well. Read the article to the end, you’ll get your way out of unpleasant and unhealthy air and start breathing fresh.
Are Dehumidifiers and Air Purifiers the Same?
No, they are not the same. Dehumidifiers are devices that trap moisture from the air so that the air you breathe stays dry and pleasant. A dehumidifier is good because it prevents the spread of communicable diseases such as TB and viral diseases.
Air purifiers trap pollutants from the environment including dust, chemicals, and pollen grains that might be circulating in the air. As a result, these devices are able to protect people from allergies and itchy substances that could cause respiratory hypersensitivity.
Table of Content:
You may be interested in knowing a certain topic concerning the purifiers or dehumidifiers, this content has sections so you can directly skip to the part you want.
On every product, you will find key features highlighted in bullet points. You can read the highlighted points for you to compare products and know the best one to go for.
|Venta LW15 Original Airwasher||Check Price On Amazon|
|Tenergy Sorbi 1000ml Air Dehumidifier||Check Price On Amazon|
|Honati Home Dehumidifier||Check Price On Amazon|
|Afloia Air Purifiers and Dehumidifie||Check Price On Amazon|
|Hysure Home Dehumidifier||Check Price On Amazon|
5 Best Dehumidifier And Air Purifier Reviews 2021
Here is a summary of the best dehumidifiers and air purifiers for you to know which one is the best to select.
1. Tenergy Sorbi 1000ml Air Dehumidifier
This is a top profile dehumidifier that also comes with air purifying features. It can filter up to 1000ml of air making it sufficient for family use. With its quiet operation, you can use it even in offices and places where noise is restricted. It has the capability of eliminating moisture from the air making it dry and clean to breathe.
Being a high-efficiency particulate air filter, it is capable of eliminating most pathogens from the air. Air circulating pathogens will not get their way into your respiratory system which means you will be living a very healthy life. When you buy this device, you get the best air purifier and dehumidifier all in one making your air to be well-cleaned in your home.
Pollen grains, dust, and other particles will all be cleared from the air making you have an excellent stay in the house. If you have allergies to dust or if you have asthma, this device is worth installing in your home because it will eliminate all the particles. It works automatically and you can adjust the airspeed to meet your demands. Perfect for bathrooms and closets as well as kitchens.
Tenergy Sorbi 1000ml Features:
- This dehumidifier and air purifier has a ‘low’ and ‘high’ speed option to decide the filtration speed.
- It has an automatic shut-off and on button that enables it to work without manual monitoring.
- You’ll get a 5ft power cord so you can change its place from one position to another in the room.
- It has a HEPA feature which traps pollutants like dust thereby preventing allergies and asthma
- The water indicator allows you to know when the water is full so that you empty the bucket with the drainage hose.
2. Honati Home Dehumidifier
If your space is 215 Sq Ft and below, this is the best dehumidifier for you to install. It is capable of filtering up to 1000 liters of air meaning even large families can use it. Besides, it is a two in one dehumidifier that cleans the air from bad odor, airborne particles, and can drain the moisture off the air with energy efficiency.
This large-capacity dehumidifier and air purifier combo can clear up to 750mls of moisture making your air to be super clean. It is 99.97 percent which means it is more efficient than the normal High efficient particulate air filter. This air dehumidifier eliminates materials such as pollen, dust, or dander from the air so that you remain only with clean air to breathe.
On top of that, you’ll get an ultra-quiet operation from this machine at only 32 to 42 dB. This capacity air dehumidifier is a perfect fit for a kids’ room or even a library where a low noise level is mandatory as it’s one of the quietest dehumidifiers. The one-button start and auto-shutoff feature will surely help you keep the air in your room healthy with minimal effort.
Honati Home Features:
- This efficient dehumidifier air purifier combo has two buttons, the dehumidifier, and the purifier which work simultaneously.
- It’s a reliable dehumidifier unit with a detachable water tank that stores all the filtered excess humidity from the air.
- The HEPA filter in this machine filters all pollutants such as dust and pollens thereby preventing allergies
- With a weight of only 5.95 Lbs, it is highly portable so you can move it easily to the place you want to purify.
- The fan of this energy efficient dehumidifier With Air purifier has speed control options to the filtration rate low or high.
3. Afloia Dehumidifier for Home
This is a small but very efficient, high capacity air dehumidifier with true HEPA filter to remove pathogens, musty odors, and excessive moisture and humidity from the air. It has the capacity to cleanse 1000mls of air a day which is sufficient for the small family breathing. You can place it in any place including the wardrobe, bathroom, and kitchen or whichever place with contaminated air.
The powerful dehumidifier can absorb 750mls of moisture in 24 hours using its humidity sensor to dry the air and make it wonderful to breathe. Dehumidify the air, cleanse the particles and bad odors with this machine with its automated humidity sensors for effective operation with smart mode. With its energy-saving system, you can be sure to get healthy air without increasing your electricity bills.
The dehumidifier works very silently so you can use it in any place including the office and with night mode when sleeping. You can even install it in your RV and enjoy the purest air while traveling. Since it is an air purifier and dehumidifier all in one, you save the money of buying the two separate devices.
It comes with a simple design yet it is highly effective because you don’t need an expert to install this device. It automatically shuts off itself when there is no dirt to be filtered from the air and when the bucket it full. The full-tank indicator will let you know when it’s time to empty the bucket and keep on using it for better indoor air quality.
Afloia Dehumidifier Features:
- This machine has a tank capacity of 1000ml which is enough to store moisture from the air for maximum purification.
- The fan is controllable at Low, Mid, and High speed so that you get the most convenient air filtration rate with carbon filter.
- You’ll get automatic on and off features that allow the machine to work only when the tank is empty.
- This HEPA air purifier unit is reliable in filtering pet hair, dust, and pollutants within your space to prevent allergies.
- It’s a great choice if you need dehumidifier models with a compact design and touch button control system.
4. Hysure Quiet and Portable Dehumidifier
The Hysure has quiet operation; you can install it even in your office and no one will complain of disturbance. Once you start feeling the symptoms of allergies, it’s time for you to cleanse your air so that you get and breathe the best air and stop infections from occurring. Since it’s portable, you can carry it around and install it wherever you want to get fresh air.
It is ideal for bathrooms, toilets, and bedrooms where people need durst free air to breathe. The moment the 100ml tank is full of the absorbed moisture, it automatically turns itself off. Are you at risk of pollen, dust, allergens, or microbes? Worry not because it’s the best dehumidifier air purifier combo that can filter particles up to 0.3 microns’ diameter. It means this machine doesn’t leave behind any risky pathogens.
Whether it is an agent for respiratory disease or the durst, this machine will filter them all. The dehumidifier in this machine is capable of delivering more than 750mls of moisture and humidity from the air in 24 hours. Consuming only 45W, you can be sure to cleanse your air without increasing your electricity bills.
Hysure Quiet Features:
- It has a removable 1000ml water tank for maximum dehumidification.
- The HEPA filter is capable of capturing dirt of 0.3 microns meaning it achieves total purification.
- You’ll get an automatic shut off system to switch off when the moisture tank is full.
- Its filter is replaceable so when it wears out, you can easily remove and put a new one.
- With a high quality dehumidifier, it will get you 750 ML of absorption easily
5. Venta LW15 Airwasher 2-in-1 Humidifier and Air Purifier
This cheaper dehumidifier can work well in the summer when the air is too dry for a healthy environment. It increases the amount of moisture to an optimum level hence making it breathable and healthy. Furthermore, it’s an affordable dehumidifier that can cover an area of up to 200 square feet which means you’re safe within a large area.
Whether you want it in your bedroom or your office, it can work perfectly well. Besides adding moisture to the air, it also filters the air and eliminates pollutants such as pollen, dust, and allergens. This humidifier and air purifier is safe because it does everything without releasing any ions to the surrounding.
You are therefore able to breathe fresh air without worrying about getting into trouble because of positive ions. There is a 1.4-gallon water reservoir that holds enough water for the humidification of the air. It doesn’t produce any ozone to the environment so it is completely safe and healthy for use.
Venta LW15 Airwasher Features:
- This air purifier and humidifier has a high-end motor with a hard outer covering that’s easily removable for efficient cleaning.
- You’ll get an automatic switch feature with it which makes it work only when moisture levels are high.
- There is a 1.4-gallon water tank to put clean water to humidify the air for energy star rated air purification.
- This smart dehumidifier has good coverage for a small room of up to 200 square feet to get you healthy air all the time.
- You’ll get an LED indicator that will help you understand when it’s time to pop out the filter or tank.
Which is Better Dehumidifier or Air Purifier?
A dehumidifier simply removes the excess moisture from the air. It doesn’t eliminate any pollutants which means if the air has pollutants, they will affect your respiratory health. You may also get asthma if there are allergens like mold that are there because of moisture in the air.
An air purifier removes all dust, pollen, and allergens but it leaves out moisture in the air. This means you might breathe droplets from other people while having an air purifier. If there is someone with respiratory disease or communicable disease, you need both a dehumidifier and an air purifier.
To conclude, an air purifier is better because it does a lot of work eliminating a broad spectrum of pollutants. If you get a device that has all two in one, that would be the best option for you.
Benefits of Using Air Purifier and Dehumidifier Combo
When you get a combined purifier and dehumidifier, you enjoy the elimination of pollutants and moisture from the air simultaneously. Below are some of the benefits of using such an all-in-one machine:
- Reduce the Rate of Infections in Your House because it captures all the bacteria and viruses in the air
- Prevent Air Condensation in the place you install it because it eliminates cold moisture from the air
- Eliminate Bad Odors from Your House since it captures smelling particles from the air
- The dehumidifier and air purifier prevents the spread of respiratory infections because it is able to capture those pathogens in the air
- The fact that purifiers trap dust and allergens means you will be prevented from conditions such as Asthma and allergies
- Dust that may fall on your floor or electronics will be captured and eliminated so your place will look super clean.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are many questions concerning thermoelectric dehumidifiers and air purifiers that people would like to know. Here are some of the samples of those questions and their answers.
Can you run a dehumidifier and air purifier at the same time?
Is a dehumidifier or air purifier better for asthma?
Where should you place a dehumidifier?
Air pollution has become a major cause of respiratory diseases including asthma, TB, and viral pneumonia. Getting the best dehumidifier and air purifier can trap these pollutants from the air as well as reducing humidity. It helps you ensure the circulation of clean air in your living area for better respiratory health.
If you are skeptical about the best overall dehumidifier and purifier from the list above, I recommend the Hysure Quiet and Portable Dehumidifier. It contains both an air purifier and humidifier so both pollutants and moisture are filtered from the air. It also has the ability to eliminate odors by trapping the particles down to 0.3 microns. Furthermore, it will absorb over 750 ML of moisture a day, ensuring an air free from mold, spores, and other asthmatic issues.