The presence of different types of chemicals, odors, and fumes is very common in the salon, no matter if it is a hair salon or other beauty salons. As a result, all the employees of the salon and the customer come here exposed to all those chemicals, odors, and fumes caused by different beauty solutions, dyes, sprays, and others. To get rid of this problem, a salon air purifier can be a great solution for sure.
However, not all the purifiers work perfectly in the salon. You need the best salon air purifier to capture all those particles from the air and provide healthy air to the employees and customers. So as a salon owner, make sure you have chosen the right purifier specially designed for the salon.
Why Do You Require an Efficient Air Purifier In Your Salon?
In the salon, the employees use different types of chemicals for beautifying and other tasks. For example, in the beauty or nail salon, chemicals such as acetonitrile, Isopropyl acetate, Butyl acetate, and others get mixed with the air from the nail polish or glue remover. Besides, in the hair salon, sprays are sprayed as well that consist of chemicals and fumes. When someone exposes to these chemicals or fumes, he or she may suffer from eye irritation or allergies easily.
Similarly, there are other chemicals used in the salons that cause health issues too. On the other hand, not all people will love the smell of the sprays and other chemicals for sure. To remove all those particles of odors, fumes, and chemicals, it is mandatory to have an efficient air purifier that will save your energy cost and remove all those ingredients from the air. It is important for a salon owner to use a purifier that will not cost more energy yet deliver clear and healthy air for your business.
Table Of Content:
Are you running out of time? If so, then you should check the section below to get an overall idea about what we have discussed below.
Do you want to make a better decision? To make your decision making easier and better, we have made a comparison chart with some good purifiers for salons below.
5 Best Salon Air Purifier Reviews 2020
Since it is important to keep the customers and employees healthy in the salon, the demand for air purifiers for salons is increasing day by day. Due to this demand, the market is now more competitive that makes it tough to get the best salon air purifier. So here are some good purifiers for you.
1. Austin Air A450A1 Standard Air Purifier
Austin Standard Air Purifier is a great air purifier you can use for your salon. It can be the best air purifier for hair salon with its 4 stage filter that can deliver you fresh and clean air in your salon. You have the pre-filter in the first two stages where the large and medium particles of the salon air get trapped easily.
Besides, you will get an activated carbon filter that will capture along with potassium iodide and zeolite filtration. As a result, it will easily remove the chemical ingredients, odors, and gases from your salon. Finally, you have the true HEPA filter that will remove the smallest particles, and eventually, you will get fresh and healthy air in the salon.
The purifier features a 3-speed setting for the fan so that you can easily adjust the speed to control the air even better. With its 360-degree intake system, it captures more air from the salon. Also, it has the capacity to cover up to 700 Sq. Ft that will be more than enough for the salon. So overall, you should consider this one for your salon.
Austin Air A450A1 Features:
- The purifier comes with 4 stages of filters that capture large to smallest particles from the salon air to deliver fresh and healthy air.
- It has a 3-speed fan setting that allows you to control the purifying based on the quality of the air.
- You have the 360-degree intake system that will take more air for cleaning and ensure maximum cleaning.
- It comes with a higher power that can purify the air up to 700 Sq. Ft that will be perfect for your salon.
- The filters of the air purifier last longer so that you do not have to replace it after every few months.
2. Blueair Classic 480i Air Purifier
Blueair Classic 480i Air Purifier is another great option you should consider for your salon. It is equipped with a dual filter system to ensure maximum air filtering. You have a true HEPA filtering system to capture almost all the smallest particles from your salon such as fumes particles or other chemical particles.
It is a great air purifier for nail salon as well with its activated coconut carbon that can remove smoke or gaseous pollutants from your nail salon. You know, in the nail salon, a lot of chemicals are emitted from beauty products. Besides, this one offers 3 fan speed control that can purify the air up to 300 square feet which are good enough for your salon.
With its Blueair Friend app, it allows you to monitor the air quality of the salon. Besides, it shows you the air quality and adjusts the speed automatically. Even you can schedule night mode that will decrease the sound level and turn off the light for better sleep. It has a durable steel body that ensures durability as well.
Blueair Classic Features:
- The purifier comes with dual-stage filters that capture odor to the smallest particles from your salon.
- It offers a manual fan speed that allows you to adjust the speed and purify up to 300 square feet.
- You have an official app that will automatically detect the air quality and control the air accordingly.
- It has a durable steel construction that prolongs the longevity of the purifier to save your money.
- The app allows you to schedule the night mode to lower the noise and light to ensure better sleep.
3. NuWave OXYPURE Large Area Smart Air Purifier
NuWave OXYPURE Smart Air Purifier can be the best air purifier for nail salons with its ability to clean volatile organic compounds from the air of your nail salon. It comes with a 4-Filter System that captures airborne particles easily. With its stainless-steel Pre-Filter, it removes large particles. Also, it has a combined true HEPA and carbon filter that capture odor and the smallest particles from the air that are emitted from the nail beautifying chemicals.
With its Bioguard Filter, it captures the remaining harmful ingredients where an Ozone Emission Removal Filter removes harmful ozone gas from the salon. You have a color-coded display that indicates the room air quality. Also, with its six fan speed, you can control the air quality easily. Even the purifier changes the speed automatically according to pollutants in the air.
It features an odor detection system that alerts you about the odor status in real-time. In its sleep mode, it produces less noise to ensure better sleep. So overall, if you want to remove Odors, Formaldehyde, and other chemical ingredients from your salon air, this one can be a real good choice for you.
NuWave OXYPURE Features:
- The purifier comes with a 4-Filter System that easily captures large to smallest harmful air particles, ozone gas, and odors from the salon.
- It tells you the air quality and has 6 stages of fan speed that allow you to control the air quality.
- You have an odor detection system that tells you about the odor of the room and acts accordingly to control it.
- It features a sleep mode where the sound level goes down so that you can get a sound sleep.
- You have automatic fan adjustment that slows down the fan speed according to the air quality to save energy.
4. KNOKOO 150W DIY Mini Air Purifier
If you are searching for the best salon air purifier, you should consider the KNOKOO 150W DIY Mini Air Purifier. It offers a triple filtration system that removes the particles that you cannot even see. Its first filter is a pre-filter that captures large particles from the air including dust, debris, and others from your salon.
Besides, it has a middle filter that can capture medium size particles and smoke as well. Its final filter captures the harmful ingredients from the air that is not seen in open eyes. You have a powerful brushless motor that captures the air fast and takes the air through this filtration system for effective cleaning.
Also, this motor consumes less energy while saving the environment as well. Even it allows the user to save even more cost by turning off its three-in-one switch. With its 360-degree bamboo duct, you can set the direction in level to clean more air effectively.
KNOKOO 150W Features:
- The purifier comes with a 3 in 1 filter that captures the smallest harmful particles from the air you cannot even see in open eyes.
- It has a powerful brushless motor that brings maximum air while consuming less energy to save cost.
- You have a 360-degree bamboo duct that allows you to spread air any side you want in your salon.
- It allows the user to save more energy by its three-in-one switch so that you can save even more money.
- You will have a wide range of applications with this single purifier including removing gases, chemicals, smoke, and harmful particles.
5. LEVOIT Air Purifier for Large Room
LEVOIT Air Purifier is another good purifier that offers fast and effective air cleaning. It comes with an H13 grade original HEPA Filter that captures the smallest particles from the air to keep your salon environment clean all the time. It can be the best air purifier for salon with its activated carbon filter that can absorb smoke and odors generated in the salon.
With its high power, it can clean air from 1076ft² within 30 minutes that will be more than enough for your salon room. Besides, it has an indicator that shows you real-time air quality updates. This purifier features a smart sensor that can sense the airborne contaminants.
At the same time, it adjusts fan speed accordingly to keep your air free from pollutants. Also, this purifier makes only 25dB on its lowest setting so that you can have a better sleep. So overall, this is a simple yet very effective salon air purifier you can have for your salon.
LEVOIT Air Purifier Features:
- The has a true HEPA filter along with a carbon filter to clean the air effectively from the harmful particles and odors.
- It has a powerful fan speed that can clean 1076ft² area within 30 minutes and 538 ft² within 15 minutes easily.
- You can know the current salon air status in real-time with its smart indicator to be sure about the quality of the air.
- The purifier is equipped with a smart sensor that senses the air pollutants and adjusts the fan speed accordingly.
- You can have a better sleep since it produces low noise in low settings, and the LED light is easy to turn off.
When Should You Adopt Air Purifiers For Hair Salons?
As an owner, you may want to know when exactly you should use an air purifier for your hair salon. Well, here are the times when you need to adopt a purifier for your hair salon.
- When the odor produced from the chemicals or other ingredients you use lasts for more than 10 minutes.
- If you find out dust and debris on the floor or on the furniture that can circulate through the air throughout the room.
- When you find out bubbles on the wall of your salon since this is a clear indication of unhealthy air in the room.
- If your customers or employees have any breathing diseases such as asthma, allergy, or others.
- To provide proof to the government that your air quality is good enough since it is mandatory is some states.
The salon presents a unique environment consisting of chemicals, odor, smoke, and other harmful particles. An air purifier can work effectively here to clean the air and ensure the safety of your employees and customers. We have portrayed some purifiers for your salons.
However, if you are not sure about choosing the best salon air purifier, I will suggest you go for the KNOKOO 150W DIY Mini Air Purifier. This one comes with 3-in-1 true air filtering to remove bacteria, odor, and other airborne harmful particles from the air. Also, its powerful brushless motor and 360-degree duct capture and spread more air through the salon. So overall, you can choose this one for your salon.