The air purifiers can reduce discomfort from allergies and asthma by purifying the environment. The purifiers work by removing dust mites, viruses, germs, bacteria and polluting substances present in the air. From the allergens, dust mite is a dangerous particle that can cause a respiratory problem. So, it is necessary to clean from your room. In addition, air purifiers can be a very effective appliance to reduce widespread allergies.
In the market, you can find lots of air purifiers, but all purifiers cannot remove dust mites. So, we have highlighted the 5 best air purifier for dust mites after testing several purifiers in the market. Let’s dive into it.
Do Air Purifiers Get Rid Of Dust Mites?
Air purifiers help to eliminate dust mites. But, your air purifier must have a HEPA filter that helps to remove dust mites other microscopic allergens quickly. The filters use airflow to capture particles through three different methods: occlusion, interception and diffusion. Also, it can remove 99.97% of the dust mites, including allergens, germs and dangerous organic compounds. If you have allergy diseases, the dust mites can be dangerous and create respiratory problems like asthma.
Note: Here, we have covered how air purifier removes dust mites. If you want to know more about air purifiers, you can read: Are air purifiers a waste of money.
Table of content
Here is the table of content for your quick overview:
If you want to see the features of our selected products in short, you can go through the comparison chart below:
Top 5 Best Air Purifier For Dust Mites Reviews 2020
An air purifier can remove dust mites and potential airborne pollutants from your home and the workplace by ensuring the quality of indoor air. So, we have reviewed the 5 best air purifier for dust mites that will meet your demands.
Alen BreatheSmart FLEX Air Purifier
Alen BreatheSmart FLEX Air Purifier comes with a true HEPA filter that helps to eliminate 99.97% dust mites and microscopic allergens from the air. The changeable filter can last 9 to 12 months, depending on the usage. The purifier is packed with carbon material that protects from dangerous airborne smokes and chemicals. Also, it runs on 50 watts on high speed, so your bill will be less than 50 cents a month.
The alen breathesmart classic large room air purifier can cover up to 700 sq ft rooms and takes 30 minutes to clean on Turbo speed mode. Its sleek design and lightweight allows to use in home, office, bedrooms, kitchen and more you want. It has 4 speed setting that allows to adjust the frequency levels. Also, it has a sleep mode that ensures tension free rest with lights out mode.
It has a smart control system that allows to adjust the filter, speed, lock and timer with lighting. Its 2 flex pure option that allows to remove dander, smoke, odors, pet fur and so on quickly. While running, it makes pink noise that helps to sleep without disturbance. After all, it is the best lightweight air purifier.
Alen BreatheSmart Features:
- It comes with a true HEPA filter that removes dust motes, odors, allergens and more with 9 to 12 months longevity.
- The 4 speed setting allows to control the speed of fan and frequency of the noise.
- It can clean up to 700 sq ft rooms within 30 minutes at turbo speed mode.
- Its weight is about 15 pounds so you can use it at home, office, kitchen and more.
- The control panel allows to adjust the timer, speed, lock and filter with lighting.
AeraMax 300 Large Room Air Purifier
AeraMax 300 large room air purifier comes with carbon filter and HEPA filter that can clean dust mites, odors and large particles. The HEPA filter can clean about 99.995% of molecular particles as little as 0.3 microns, including mites, viruses, allergens and more. Also, the carbon filter provides 4 stage purification process so you can easily get rid of bad odors and large dust.
It can clean about 300 to 600 sq ft area with HEPA filter and 100 to 200 sq ft with a carbon filter. It weighs 12.5 pounds and made with ABS material so you can move it anywhere you want. Also, it needs an AC 120V wall socket power supply that will save energy and electric bills. It automatically detects the dust from air and purifies it efficiently. For these features, it can be considered as the best home air purifier for dust.
The purifier has an antimicrobial system that protects from fungi, mildew and bacteria. Its plasmatrue technology ensures safety by removing air pollutants like dust mites. Also, it is equipped with a backlit control panel that shows the filters, fan speed, modes and power.
AeraMax 300 Features:
- It comes with HEPA and carbon filter that remove dust mite, odors and all large particles quickly.
- The smart features automatically detect dust and clean the air immediately.
- It can clean 300-600 sq ft area with HEPA filter and 100-200 sq ft with a carbon filter.
- The weight of the purifier is only 12.5 pounds, which is easy to move everywhere.
- Its control panel shows the speed of fan, modes, filters and power.
LEVOIT Air Purifier
LEVOIT Air Purifier is equipped with H13 true HEPA filter and carbon filter that clean allergens, dust mites and odors efficiently. It can free of 99.97 percent dust that sized over 0.3 microns and helps to relieve asthma, so it is the most affordable air purifier. It has 3 speed of fan level that allows to control the frequency level. Also, the intelligent sensor automatically cleans the dust and improve air quality.
It can clean 881 sq ft room within 30 minutes and 538 sq ft rooms within 18 minutes. While running, it makes very low noise sound which is 25dB so you can rest peacefully. Also, it has a sleep mode that provides display off features for deep sleep without disturbance. It has an auto mode that ensures real-time updates through an indicator ring.
The control panel shows real-time updates, including fan speed, filters, modes and power options. Its built-in timer allows to set up to 12 hours that reduce 70% energy. It weighs about 20 pounds so you can use it at home, office, kitchen and everywhere you need. For these features, it can be the best air purifier for odor elimination.
LEVOIT Air Features:
- The purifier is equipped with a carbon filter and HEPA filter that helps to remove dust mites, allergens and large particles.
- Its control display shows the filter, timer, speed, modes and power option.
- The 3 speed of fan level provides adjustable cleaning performance with low noise.
- It allows to set the timer up to 12 hours that save energy more than 70 percent.
- The sleep mode and display off mode provide a noise-free sleeping experience.
RENPHO True HEPA Air Purifier for Home Large Room
Renpho air purifier for home large room is equipped with a True HEPA filter that allows to eliminate dust mites and little particulars. Also, it comes with pre-filters, carbon filters, charcoal filter that helps to remove smoke, pollen, odors and large particles. It can reduce 99.97 percent pollutants as small as 0.3 microns.
It is a good affordable air purifier and can clean 330 sq ft large rooms within 20 minutes. It has 3 level speed setting that allows to control the fan speed. The lock mode helps to avoid risks and accidents caused by pets and children. It has no harmful materials, so you can stay safe while using it. Also, its timer allows to operate automatically 2 to 8 hours that reduce power and save energy.
The purifier makes 35dB in sleep mode and 52dB in high-speed mode while running. The auto mode and sleep mode provides auto working without disturbance while sleeping. The control panel indicates the speed of fan, modes, timer, filter and power function. It weighs about 20 pounds and you can carry it with the handle easily that makes it the best air purifier for home use.
RENPHO True Features:
- It comes with 5 stage filtering system that helps to reduce dust mites, allergens and large particles.
- The backlit designed control panel shows the speed, timer, modes and other functions.
- It produces 35 to 53 dB noise at low to high speed mode, which is very low.
- It can clean 330 sq ft large rooms within 20 minutes with 3 speed fan level.
- The auto and sleep mode ensures peaceful sleeping without disturbance.
Pure Enrichment PureZone 3-in-1 Air Purifier
Pure enrichment purezone air purifier is equipped with HEPA, Carbon activated and Pre-filter that allows to clean dust mites, dander, smoke and other allergens easily. It can remove about 99.97 percent dust and 0ver 0.3 microns particles with the HEPA filter. Also, it has a UV-C light that eliminates sickness-causing particles. So, it can be considered as the best air purifier for dust mites.
The pure zone 3 in 1 air purifier has low, medium and high-speed fan setting that produce 30 to 50 dB low noise. You can set the purifier to work automatically with the timer up to 8 hours that helps reduce the electric bills. The filter indicator shows the changing time of the filter. Also, it can clean 200 sq ft area within 30 minutes.
Its weight is about 6 pounds so you can easily carry with a single hand everywhere you want. It has a control panel that indicates the fan speed, timer, power and filter. You can run it from 120V AC wall socket and it costs 60W per hour, which is energy efficient. That’s why it is the best budget air purifier.
Pure Enrichment Features:
- It comes with HEPA, carbon activated and Pre-filter that allows to kill dust mites, virus, germs and more illness-causing particles.
- The 3 speed fan setting provides 30 to 50 dB quiet operations that ensure a peaceful sleep.
- It covers up to 200 sq ft and clean 99.97 percent dust within 30 minutes.
- It weighs only 6 pounds so you can easily take it with you if you need it.
- The UV-C light provides deep sanitation from illness allergens effectively.
What To Consider Before Buying An Air Purifier For Dust Mites?
Air purifiers work essentially by sanitizing the air from dust mites, allergens and toxins. So, you should consider some factors before buying the best air purifier for dust mites that will help to relieve allergies.
Like many high-voltage machines, measure the performance and operation through the power of your air purifier. The power level measures the sucking force of the small particles. The power is represented in watts, with the letter “W.” The more watts an air purifier has, the more efficient the purification process will be. So before buying one of these machines, you must be very attentive to the power of it. They usually vary between 60W and 200W with energy efficiency.
The size of the purifiers is very important. There are some that are too big and therefore weigh more than 30 pounds. This is a big problem, as it becomes impossible to move them from one place to another. Always try to buy a model that is relatively small, but does not lose power or quality. A good air purifier shouldn’t exceed 20 pounds weight.
Type of Filer:
Filter is very important because and this is the key by which these machines are so effective to remove dust mites and allergens. Most work with a filter system, which neutralizes and destroys all contaminating bacteria, viruses, germs and particles. When you need to know how to choose your ideal air purifier, always think of the one with the highest number of filtration levels. The most common are:
- HEPA filter
- Ionizer filter
- Carbon filter
- Cold catalyst
For removing dust mites, go for a HEPA and carbon activated filter equipped air purifier.
Another important factor to consider is the modes. These are additional functions that air purifiers bring and that increase their commercial value and effectiveness. For example, some appliances come with automatic mode, which is used to leave the machine working alone. Others bring the sleep mode, which is ideal for nights, as it cleans without making the slightest noise. The most sought and most outstanding modalities are:
- Automatic mode
- Manual mode
- Sleep mode
- Ionizer mode
To finish with these points, it is important to highlight the speeds of the air cleaners. All of these products have certain levels of speed. This allows the appliance to work faster, slower or intermediate. For example, when you have a much-polluted environment, fast speed is more convenient for you. But when you go to sleep, the slow one is recommended. You must be very attentive to the speeds of the purifiers before making any purchase.
By following these factors, you will buy an air purifier that will help you to remove dust mites effectively.
Note: Above, we have presented the important factors that should be considered before buying an air purifier for dust mites. If you want to know more about the air purifier, you can read how to choose an air purifier.
Why Should You Buy An Air Purifier For Dust Mites?
For several advantages, you should have an air purifier that easily removes dust mites, allergens and large particles. Have a look below:
- Clean dust mites and allergens: Air purifier can clean more than 99 percent of the dust mites and all allergy-causing particles that improves the air quality.
- Quality of breathing: Many of us do not have quality air at home. The polluted air inside the house is much more harmful than in the street in general. Therefore, having an air purifier at home purifies the air, which is essential to maintain healthy breathing.
- Clean environment: The air contains many polluting substances, such as viruses, bacteria and fungi. So a good air purifier can be very useful for this purpose.
- Preserved Health: Everything that has been cited here is intended to improve overall health. The better the air quality, the better your breathing will be. In addition, major respiratory problems and allergies can be avoided if you have quality in the air.
- Eliminate unpleasant odors: Maximum bad odors in the environment come from polluting elements present in your living place. Good air purifiers can remove bad odors from environments and ensure fresh berating experience.
For these benefits, you should buy an air purifier that will help to remove dust mites and allergens. Now, buy the best one from our above-reviewed air purifier.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here, we have answered some frequently asked questions about air purifiers.
Do air purifiers work for dust mite allergies?
Yes. Air purifiers with HEPA filter help to improve the air quality in the home with 99% efficiency by removing dust mites, moisture, dust and other elements harmful to health.
Can air purifiers remove dust?
Air purifiers can remove dust from the air with multi-speed fan and filters. The HEPA filter in the air purifier can remove 99.97 percent dust with a grain size 0.3 micron.
Are air purifiers good for allergies?
Air purifiers are assembled with different filtering systems, created with more or less sophisticated technologies. All filters can relieve allergies by removing dust, pollen and other illness-causing particles.
Can air purifiers cause headaches?
From the main causes of headaches, allergens and dust particles are one of them. In fact, air purifier helps to reduce headaches by removing dust particles, allergens and microscopic airborne.
Do air purifiers improve sleep?
Air purifiers improve sleep by removing the allergen from the air. Some models have a sleep mode that reduces the noise for a sound sleep. Also, the auto mode in the air purifier allows to run it automatically with a timer setting while sleeping.
Dust mites can cause allergies and breathing difficulties, so it is necessary to clean up. To remove dust mites, there are no physical remedies and an air purifier is enough to remove them from your room. In the meantime, we have reviewed the best air purifier for dust mites and I would like to recommend Pure Enrichment PureZone 3-in-1 Air Purifier that is equipped with HEPA filter, Carbon activated filter and Pre-filter, helps to remove dust mites, allergens and other illness-causing particles effectively.
It can clean 200 sq ft area within 30 minutes with the 3 levels fan speed setting. Also, it has UV-C light that ensures deep disinfection from allergens, smokes, odors and large particles. It weighs only 6 pounds so you can easily take it with you.